Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Charlie is an artist!

So tonight Charlie and I did some painting tonight.  We're planning on selling the paintings on Trade Me to raise some more money for her operation.

My brother, Daniel, very nicely offered to come and help.  Thanks Daniel!

I'm going to be honest.  I'm NOT an artistic person.  Turns out, it's not a genetic thing, it's how you're raised, because Charlie isn't very artistic either.  In fact, she got more paint on the walls from shaking than she did from painting.


At first, she was not keen to paint.  She didn't really like her feet wet. We bought in some toys, which helped a little bit.




Charlie got pretty dirty.  We used non toxic paint, and gave her a bath afterwards to clean her off.




She then spent about 1/2 h in her cage cleaning herself.  She's still a little bit blue, but much happier!


Right, here are the final products!


Theses two are 45 x 36cm.




This little one is 17.5 x 22.5cm


I think she's done a pretty awesome job, even if they don't look like anything in particular!




Here she is, looking SUPER cute!  Look at those eyes! How can I NOT love someone so cute and smart?!



No comments:

Post a Comment